Global Talent Visa Program
To attract the brightest global talent to Australia, the Government established a Global Business and Talent Attraction Taskforce. The Taskforce set up three dedicated visa programs which provide streamlined pathways for high yield businesses and exceptional talent to migrate to Australia:
- Global Talent Visa program – for highly talented individuals within the specified target industry sectors
- Global Talent Employer Sponsored program – for highly skilled migrants into niche occupations
- Business Innovation and Investment program – for businessmen and entrepreneurs to conduct business and investment activity or undertake an entrepreneurial activity in Australia
This blog discusses Global Talent Visa program, also known as Global Talent Independent (GTI) program, which offers permanent residency in Australia to attract global talent within target industry sectors. GTI program is accommodated under the Distinguished Talent visa to contribute to Australia’s economy by driving innovation and creating local jobs.
- Cyber Security
- Energy and Mining Technology
- Quantum Information, Advanced Digital, Data Science and ICT
- Space and Advanced Manufacturing
- prove you are internationally recognised with evidence of outstanding achievements
- still be prominent in chosen field of expertise
- provide evidence that you would be an asset to Australia
- have no difficulty obtaining employment in Australia or becoming established in your field
- have a recognised organisation or individual in Australia who nominates you as global talent, who must be in the same field as you
- Meet the high income threshold of AUD $153,600
Before you apply for the visa, you must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). The Department will make an initial assessment to check if you meet the program parameters. Successful applicants will receive a unique identifier after which you should lodge your visa application.
Please know that there are 2 different Distinguished Talent visa you may be eligible for, depends on your location at the time of application. If you are outside Australia at the time of application, you must lodge a Distinguished Talent Subclass 124 visa application. If you are in Australia at the time of application, you must lodge a Distinguished Talent Subclass 858 visa application. You must check other eligibility criteria for the particular visa subclass, such as health and character requirements, and English language requirements before you lodge your application.
Special arrangement for Hong Kong passport holders
As part of Australia’s new and extended visa options to students and skilled workers from Hong Kong, the Department is priority processing the visa applications for Global Talent visa scheme (Subclass 124 or Subclass 858) where Hong Kong passport holders attract a salary at or above the Fair Work High Income Threshold of AUD $153,600.
As part of the Federal Budget announcement in October 2020, GTI program allocation was increased, thereby making 15,000 places available under the migration program 2020-2021. If you want to know more about GTI program or want to discuss other permanent residency pathways to Australia, Contact Us or call us on (02) 4626 100 to speak to one of our Registered Migration Agents in Sydney.
#Distinguished Talent visa
#Expression of Interest
#Registered Migration Agents
#Migration Agents in Sydney
#Agents in Sydney