Regional Sponsored Migration Visa (Subclass 187)
The Regional Sponsored Migration (RSMS) visa, also known as Subclass 187 is a permanent employer sponsored visa that allows you and your family to live in Australia and work permanently in ‘regional Australia’. This visa requires you to be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia.
There are two streams available
Temporary Residence Transition (TRT)
- For workers who are currently in Australia on a Temporary Skilled (Subclass 482) visa
- Must have worked for at least 2 years in the same occupation with their nominating employer
Direct Entry (DE)
- For those who does not satisfy the TRT stream
- Must have at least 3 years of relevant work experience in their relevant occupation
What is considered ‘Regional Australia’?
Only certain locations are considered for RSMS purposes in New South Wales, Victoria, Western Australia and Queensland. The entirety of South Australia, Tasmania, ACT NT and Norfolk Island are deemed ‘Regional Australia’ and eligible for RSMS purposes.
Requirements for Subclass 187 Visa
There are a number of general requirements you must meet to be eligible for this visa which includes the following:
- Have an occupation on the 187 Visa Occupation List
- Be nominated by an approved Australian employer for a job in regional Australia
- Have competent English (i.e. must score IELTS score of 6 in each component).
- Must be under 50 years of age, unless you are exempt
- Must have positive skills assessment (Direct Entry stream) unless you are exempt
Benefits of Subclass 187 Visa
- Work and live in Australia indefinitely
- Opportunity to study in Australia
- Enrol in Medicare, Australia’s state-run healthcare program
- Opportunity to apply for Australian citizenship
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence
- Travel in and out of Australia as you please
Fill our free online assessment form today to see if you are eligible for this visa and we will get back to you.