Student Visa (subclass 500)
The Student visa allows you to enter and study in Australia for up to five years, depending on the length of your course. You can use this visa to study your choice of course to advance your career, or to study English and also improve your chances of applying for other visas.
Your choice of study can be at any level from secondary to tertiary education level depending on your age and previous education history.
Secondary Education includes
- Secondary School Study
- Training Program
- Scholarship scheme
- Any other full-time registered course
Teritiary Education includes:
- Diploma course
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- Graduate Certificate
- PHD course
Note: All course of study must be undertaken with an approved Education Provider
Why study in Australia?
Australia is one of the world’s highly developed countries and ranks high in delivering top quality education. In fact, it has eight of the top 100 universities in the world and is known to be a popular study destination for international students.
Australia offers a diverse range of study programs for international students, and Migration Centre of Australia (MCA) alone have access to these large network of universities and colleges all over Australia, in all states and territories, with over 50 campuses for higher education to choose from and hundreds of vocational and ELICOS Colleges & high schools.
As an international student, you can choose to study at all levels of education from secondary school to vocational education and training (VET), from English language courses to higher education (including universities).
What requirements do I need to meet to qualify for a student visa?
There are several criteria you must meet before you qualify for a student visa. In support of your student visa application, you will need to:
- Provide confirmation of enrolment (CoE) for all intended courses from your education provider
- Show that you have sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, travel expenses and living costs for the length of your studies
- Prove that you are a ‘Genuine Temporary Entrant’. This means you need to provide a statement which states you intend to stay in Australia temporarily and documentation to support your claim
- Have adequate health insurance covering the entire duration of your stay Meet Australian health and character requirements.
Enrolment and change of courses
With having access to large network of universities and colleges all over Australia, we can also facilitate your enrolment in almost any course in any location in Australia. We also provide professional support in choosing the right course for the right career based on your interests and objectives. Some of the popular courses include Accounting, Cookery, Engineering, Hospitality, Information Technology and Nursing.
Advantages of a Student Visa
- Stay in Australia up to 5 years
- Study in an Australian educational institution
- Able to work up to 40 hours a fortnight in Australia while studying
- Able to bring family members
These visas change depending on your location and circumstances, so find out what you are eligible for. Fill our free online assessment form today and we will get back to you.