Skilled Nominated Visa (Subclass 190)
The 190 visa is a permanent visa that enables points-tested skilled workers who must be nominated by state or territory government to live and work in Australia as a permanent resident. The visa is based on points-test system.
- Offers all the benefits of Australian permanent residence for you and your family
- Work and live in Australia indefinitely with no restrictions except that you live and work in the nominated state or territory for initial 2 years
- Enrol in Medicare
- Can apply for Australian citizenship when you become eligible
- Sponsor relatives for permanent residence or travel
- Travel in and out of Australia for 5 years until you become an Australian citizen
Step 1: You need to nominate an occupation for yourself based on your qualifications and skills and that occupation must be on the Medium to Long-term Strategic Skills List.
Step 2: You must check that you meet the eligibility criteria:
- Over the age of 45
- Have a positive skills assessment
- Meet the minimum points test mark of 65 points or more
- Have competent English (i.e. IELTS score of 6 or PTE score of 50 in each of the four components of the test OR an equivalent score in any other official English tests such as Cambridge Advanced English, Occupational English Test and TOEFL)
- Meet health and character requirements
- Not have had a visa cancelled or refused since your last substantive visa you held if you are in Australia
Step 3: Complete a Skills Assessment
Step 4: Submit an expression of interest (EOI) in SkillSelect in order to be invited to apply for the visa. After receiving an invitation to apply, you can apply for the visa.
You can submit this before your skills assessment. However, it is best to get a positive skills assessment to cover the risks as kills assessments can take longer than expected.
Step 5: Apply to the relevant State of Territory body and once successful, be selected through SkillSelect and get an invitation to apply for the visa depending on your ranking and overall score in the round of invitation.
Step 6: Gather your documents and apply within 60 days of receiving the invitation:
If you have family members you can include your partner or your children.
Skilled Nominated (subclass 190) Visa Everything You Need To Know
- 75% of applications is 10 months, with
- 90% of applications processed within 15 months.
The Department Application Fee is $4,045 for the main applicant, $202 for additional applicants over the age of 18, and $1010 for applicants under the age of 18.
There is also an additional fee applicable for secondary applicants over the age of 18 who do not have functional English, which is $4,885.
Fill our free online assessment form today to see if you are eligible for this visa and we will get back to you.