Share This

Parent Visa

Parent Visa is for parents who wish to migrate to Australia to be with their children. The visa application must be sponsored by one of their children. The sponsoring child must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident who is settled in Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen.

To be deemed ‘settled’, an Australian permanent resident must have been residing in Australia for at least 2 years prior to lodgement of the Parent Visa application. An Australian citizen must have been residing in Australia for at least 3 months prior to lodgement.

There are several Parent Visa options with varying processing times and costs.


If you are seeking assistance in this visa category, Discuss your Case with us today.

Parent Visa Categories

Permanent Parent Visa Categories

  • Contributory Parent: Class CA (Contributory Parent–Migrant) (Subclass 143)
  • Contributory Aged Parent: Class DG (Contributory Aged Parent–Residence) (Subclass 864)
  • Parent: Class AX (Parent–Migrant (Subclass 103)
  • Aged Parent: Class BP (Aged Parent–Residence) (Subclass 804)

Temporary Parent Visa Categories

  • Contributory Parent (Temporary): Class UT (Contributory Parent–Temporary) (Subclass 173)
  • Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary): Class UU (Contributory Aged Parent–Temporary) (Subclass 884)
  • Sponsored Parent (Temporary): (Subclass 870)

Different visas allow applications to be made while parents are either onshore or offshore. We can assist you in preparing your visa application, Contact Us.


Find out more. Read our blog here.

Common criteria for all Parent Visa subclasses

  1. Meet the Balance of Family Test
  2. Sponsored by an eligible sponsor who must be: either the applicant’s child or the spouse of the applicant’s child over 18 years of age
  3. If the parent is in Australia at the time of application they may be prevented from applying for a Parent Visa if they do not hold a substantive Visa, which is any Visa other than a:
  • Bridging Visa
  • A criminal justice Visa
  • An enforcement Visa


  • Hold a sponsored visitor Visa
  • Have had a Visa cancelled or refused since they last arrived in Australia.
  • Last Visa was granted on the condition that they would not be granted a substantive Visa while in Australia
  • Are in immigration detention
  • Have previously applied for a protection Visa
  1. Obtain an Assurance of Support (AoS)
  2. Lodge a Security Bond
  3. Pass Health Test

To know more, visit our FAQs page.

Please note that visa specific criteria will also apply depending upon the option chosen.

These visas change depending on your location and circumstances, so fill our Contact Us form today to check your eligibility for this visa and we will get back to you shortly.

Share This