Visitor and Working Holiday Visas

1. If I am from US, do I need a visa to come to Australia?

Yes, every person who is not an Australian citizen must have a valid visa to enter Australia.

2. Is it possible to apply for a Visitor Visa online?

Depending on the country of your passport, you may have to lodge your Visitor Visa application online only. Most Visitor Visa applications are lodged online unless you are required to submit offline application to your nearest embassy.

3. If I am in Australia already, can I extend my stay by applying for another Visitor Visa?

It is possible to extend your stay in Australia by applying for another visa. However, it would depend on your situation such as total duration of stay in Australia, current visa conditions on your current visa etc. if you are eligible to do so.

4. Do I need a visa label in my passport to travel to Australia?

No. Your visa is electronically linked to your passport.

5. Can I bring my girlfriend from overseas on a Visitor Visa?

Yes, depending on the country of your girlfriend’s passport, you may be able to lodge a Visitor Visa application online. However, in specific situations, such as when you have already lodged an application for De-facto Spouse visa, you may not able to so.

6. Is it mandatory that my passport has 6 months validity before I travel to Australia?

While it is not mandatory, the Australian Government advises that your passport should be valid for at least 6 months before you enter Australia. You must have a valid passport at the time you enter Australia. However, your airline or other countries that you may be transiting through may require at least 6 months validity of your passport. Please check before you plan your travel.

7. Can I correct my details if I have made a mistake while applying for E-Visitor visa?

No, once you have entered your details, your application is automatically under process. To change your details, you will have to lodge another visa application and make the payment of the visa fees again.

8. If I have been issued a new passport, will my E-Visitor visa be automatically linked?

No. Your E-Visitor visa is attached only to your old passport and thus, you will to lodge another visa application with your new passport details. Electronic visas are not transferable between passports.

9. Can I work in Australia on visitor visas?

No. However, you may be able to do some volunteering work.

10. Can I enter Australia after I turn 31 (36 for Canadian, French and Irish citizens) if I applied for my Working Holiday Visa before I turned 31 (36 for Canadian, French and Irish citizens)?

Yes, age eligibility is required for lodgement of visa application only. You are allowed to travel to Australia at any time before the expiry of your visa which is 12 months from the date of grant of visa.