Training Visa (Subclass 407)
Want to develop your skills to improve your professional career?
Want a practical approach to maximise the potential in your current occupation?
Apply for the Training Visa to become workplace ready!
What is the Training Visa?
The Subclass 407 Training Visa allows you to travel and stay in Australia on a temporary basis and participate in occupational training or professional development.
Three different streams you can apply for:
Workplace-based training required for registration:you require registration, membership or licensing to start an occupation in their home country or in Australia
Structured workplace-based training to enhance skills in an eligible occupation: if you are nominated by an approved temporary activities sponsor in Australia for an occupation specified in the list of eligible skilled occupations and require structured workplace-based training to enhance your skills for that occupation
Training that promotes capacity building overseas: if you require training as part of your overseas study or are supported by an Australian or overseasgovernment organisation or you are a professional or management level employee of an overseas organisation
Benefits of the Visa
- Apply both onshore and offshore
- Live and work as a trainee in Australia for up to 2 years
- Leave and re-enter Australia during the visa period
- Bring eligible family members to accompany you
Eligibility for Visa Applicants
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be sponsored by an approved sponsor
- Be nominated for an approved occupation by the Australian organisation if it is not a Commonwealth agency
- Be invited to apply for the visa if the sponsor is an Commonwealth agency
- Have functional English
- Have a genuine intention to stay in Australia temporarily
- Meet health and character requirements
- Have adequate funds to support yourself during your stay in Australia and make arrangements for health insurance for yourself and any accompanying family members.
Eligibility for Sponsors
- Be either an organisation operating lawfully in Australia, a government agency or a foreign government agency
- Provide the occupational training directly
- Have the ability to comply with all sponsorship obligations
Health and Character Requirements
You and all the dependant family members are required to:
- Undergo medical examinations within 12 months of lodging a visa application
- Obtain police clearance from each country you and your family members have lived in for 12 months or more in the past 10 years
You and any dependant family members must be covered by Australia’s national health scheme (Medicare) unless your country has a reciprocal health agreement in Australia
Migration Centre of Australia has a team of migration specialists who are experienced in Training and Temporary Activity Visas. Call +61 2 46261002 or book online today to speak to our migration specialists.