With the advent of the global pandemic Covid-19, we have a special legislation in power that classifies it as an emergency event. Now, it falls under the Government Endorsed Event visa stream where you won’t need a sponsorship to apply. This visa enables you to remain in Australia if you have no other option and are unable to depart Australia due to Covid-19 travel restrictions. The new legislation supports people working in critical work sectors such as disability, healthcare, aged care, agriculture, etc. The people working in these industries under closed deadlines of visa expiry have 408 Visa to their rescue. A medical professional making employment arrangements in the healthcare sector can also apply for this visa.
In order to apply for the visa, one must:
- Apply online
- Be on the Australian soil
- Have a current visa that expires in 28 days or less or your last substantive temporary visa expired less than 28 days ago
- Either have evidence from your employer that you have ongoing work in a critical sector and that an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident cannot fill the position, or demonstrate you can’t meet the requirements of any other visa
- Be able to support yourself and dependents
- Meet the health requirements and maintain adequate health insurance during your stay in Australia.
- Meet the character requirements
- Be a genuine temporary entrant on a
- Have paid back debt to Australian Government
- Have not had a visa cancellation or visa refusal
- Sign the Australian values statement
This visa shall allow you to stay in Australia for up to 12 months and is free of cost.
Our Registered Migration Agents at Migration Centre of Australia have been in the migration industry for many years and have helped thousands of clients onshore and offshore. We are trained professionals in Australian Migration Law and we are trusted providers in the industry for our services. If you are someone falling into the same category, or if you want to know more about 408 Visa, you can book a visa consultation with us by contacting us on (02) 4626 1002 or send us an email at email@example.com and one of our registered migration agents will be ready to help you.